TeamworK Resilience Ambition. Vision. Enquiry Life Skills
Our curriculum places all children at the centre of our aspirational school, where positive relationships, based on mutual trust and respect are at the heart of everything we do. Our ambitious curriculum is fully inclusive and allows our children to develop the vital knowledge and skills they need through enriching learning experiences, whilst equipping them with the personal characteristics they need to be successful in life. It is a broad and balanced curriculum which aims to secure academic success, creativity, enquiry skills and resilience as well as physical development, well-being and mental health, ensuring the development of the whole child and promoting a positive attitude to learning. We encourage our children to be excellent communicators who are immersed in vibrant experiences, allowing each of them to express themselves as an individual as well as exploring the wider world.
The key principles behind the design of our curriculum are for our children to:
- be ready - displaying a thirst for learning
- be respectful - showing empathy and compassion whilst valuing diversity
- be responsible – resilient and independent, whilst encouraging teamwork and collaboration
Through our curriculum we also want our children to:
- achieve academically across the entire curriculum, meeting at least the national expectation by the end of their primary education
- be culturally knowledgeable about our country and the diverse world around them
- have aspirations for the future and know that these can be reached through hard work and determination.
Ultimately, we want all of our children, to be the best they can be, making a positive contribution to the world they live in. We are committed to building a culture of community, where our children are compassionate, confident and are responsible individuals.