Pupils of today.... Leaders of the future!
At Elm Wood Primary School, we promote leadership across our school and give the children the opportunities to be leaders in a wide variety of roles. Children are giving the opportunity to have an input into decisions and make suggestions to improve their school, as well as being more aware of the wider community.
Leadership is integral to lifelong learning. All children should have the opportunity to demonstrate and develop leadership skills.
Elm Wood Primary School leaders model high expectations when they:
- model positive behaviour to other learners
- behave in a safe and responsible manner
- respect themselves, other members of the school community and the school environment
- actively participate in all school activities
- do not disrupt the learning of others and make the most of our educational opportunities
- wear full uniform and their leadership badge or jumper to school each day
- are accountable for behaviours shown whilst in school uniform
- are ready to learn (being on time to class and meetings)
- take care of school equipment
- take pride in their work
- demonstrate school pride
The leaders in our school participate in a selection process, including completing an application form and attending an interview with senior staff to help them to prepare for life after primary school. Once selected, the leaders wear their jumpers or badges with pride and role model our school expectations at all times. Click on the drop down menus to find out more about the leaders we have in our school.