Welcome to Year 1 Class 4
Welcome to Year 1- Class 4 (some important information for the year).
The team in class 4 is:
Class teacher- Miss Mykytiuk
Class teaching assistant- Miss Mair, Mr Berry and Miss Hartley
Our topic this half term will be ‘Dinosaur Planet’
Stomp, crash, RRRAGH! Watch out everyone – the dinosaurs are on the prowl!
They’re rampaging across the dusty earth, swishing their enormous tails and baring their fearsome teeth…
Let’s explore the Dinosaur Planet! Imagine you’re a palaeontologist (that’s a scientist who studies bones and fossils). Dig deep and discover dazzling dinosaur facts.
Create your own dinosaur museum and invite visitors to see your awesome dinosaur artefacts. You could even do a dinosaur dance or produce some prehistroic percussion!
Which is your favourite dinosaur? The Tyrannosaurus rex, the Brachiosaurus or the Mircopachycephalosaurus?
Doyouthinkhesawus? Yes he did… RUN!
- Recounts about a memorable experience
- Fact Files about dinosaurs
- Dinosaur poetry
- NonChronological Reports
- Writing for different purposes
- Number and place value.
- Measure, capacity and volume.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- Use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- Develop a range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
Design and Technology:
- Designing and making a memory box.
- Name and locate the world’s seven continents and five oceans.
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns.
- Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending.
- Identify and name a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
- Describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals.
- Identify and name a variety of common plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees.
- Learn about events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally.
- Logging in/Logging off (Word processing)
- Lego Builders (Purple Mash)
- Maze Explorers (Purple Mash)
- Christianity and Islam. What makes some places sacred?
- Dinosaur School
Here are some stories, read by Miss Childs in Class 3 that your children may enjoy:
Here are some step by step drawings that Miss Mykytiuk has created that you also may enjoy: