Welcome to Year 1 Class 3
Welcome to Year 1- Class 3 (some important information for the year).
The team in class 3 is:
Class teacher- Miss Childs
Class teaching assistant- Mrs Ali and Miss Taylor
Our topic this half term will be 'Dinosaur Planet'.
Stomp, crash, RRRAGH! Watch out everyone – the dinosaurs are on the prowl!
They’re rampaging across the dusty earth, swishing their enormous tails and baring their fearsome teeth…
Let’s explore the Dinosaur Planet! Imagine you’re a palaeontologist (that’s a scientist who studies bones and fossils). Dig deep and discover dazzling dinosaur facts.
Create your own dinosaur museum and invite visitors to see your awesome dinosaur artefacts. You could even do a dinosaur dance or produce some prehistroric percussion!
Which is your favourite dinosaur? The Tyrannosaurus rex, the Brachiosaurus or the Micropachycephalosaurus?
Doyouthinkhesawus? Yes he did… RUN!
- Recounts about a memorable experience
- Fact Files about dinosaurs
- Dinosaur poetry
- Non-Chronological Reports
- Writing for different purposes
- Number and place value.
- Measure, capacity and volume.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- Use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- Develop a range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- Name and locate the world’s seven continents and five oceans.
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns.
- Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending.
- Identify and name a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
- Describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals.
- Identify and name a variety of common plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees.
- Learn about events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally.
- Logging in/Logging off (Word processing)
- Painting a picture using paint.
- 2simple games.
- Dinosaur School
We ask that any homework for this half term to be completed and brought into school no later than Friday 14th February. Children can choose to do one long project over the half term or a selection of the smaller projects on the list of ideas, which has been handed out. Drawings, writing, research from the Internet, models or photographs are some of the ways that the children can complete their homework. Some of the children will prefer to think of their own homework ideas based on London.
Library- Year one children will go to the library every Wednesday to choose 2 books. These need to be returned every week so that your child can change them regularly.
PE- Year 1 will have PE sessions once a week on Friday mornings. All children require an indoor and outdoor P.E kit for these sessions.
Open mornings- Elm Wood has an open morning every Thursday from 8.45am. This is a great opportunity for you to come into the classroom to look at displays, see your child’s work in their books and speak to the class teacher.
School uniform- Can we please ask for all items of clothing (and P.E kits) to be labelled with your child’s name or initials.