Welcome to Year 1 Class 3
Welcome to Year 1- Class 3 (some important information for the year).
The team in class 3 is:
Class teacher- Miss Childs
Class teaching assistant- Mrs Ali and Miss Taylor
Our topic this half term will be 'Bright Lights Big City'.
Put on your best outfit because you’re invited to have tea with the Queen. Use your best manners and comb your hair, as one will not be amused if you don’t!
What do you know about England’s capital city? Let’s find out all about London, including its History, transport and famous landmarks.
Step back in time and discover what happened in the Great Fire of London. Where did it start? How did it end? Create a model of the bakery on Pudding Lane.
Are you ready for the bright lights of the big city? Hop in a black cab and … enjoy the ride!
- Labels and captions
- Adventure Narrative
- Character Description
- Setting Descriptions
- Diary Entry
- Number and place value
- Addition and subtraction
- Measure, capacity and volume
- Position and direction
- Exploring Mechanisms
- Constructing Moving Models
- Understanding Where Food Comes From
- Design and Make Souvenirs
- Models of London Landmarks
- Identify the countries that make up the United Kingdom and their capital cities
- Identify the flags of the countries that make up the United Kingdom
- Identify places on a map of London and navigate from one to another
- Year 1 will be working with Manchester United on key skills
- Observe closely, using simple equipment
- Use their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions
- Gather and record data to help in answering questions
- Perform simple tests
- The Great Fire of London
- Logging in/Logging off (Word processing)
- 2simple games
- Creation story
- Dinosaur School - feelings
We ask that any homework for this half term to be completed and brought into school no later than Friday 13th December. Children can choose to do one long project over the half term or a selection of the smaller projects on the list of ideas, which has been handed out. Drawings, writing, research from the Internet, models or photographs are some of the ways that the children can complete their homework. Some of the children will prefer to think of their own homework ideas based on London.
Library- Year one children will go to the library every Wednesday to choose 3 books. These need to be returned every week so that your child can change them regularly.
PE- Year 1 will have PE sessions once a week on Monday mornings. All children require an indoor and outdoor P.E kit for these sessions.
Open mornings- Elm Wood has an open morning every Thursday from 8.45am. This is a great opportunity for you to come into the classroom to look at displays, see your child’s work in their books and speak to the class teacher.
School uniform- Can we please ask for all items of clothing (and P.E kits) to be labelled with your child’s name or initials.